To report a problem with hardware, call 940-565-4891, email CoB Tech or come to BLB240. During semester hours: 8am to 7pm Mon-Fri Off semester hours: 8am to 5pm Mon-Fri
Standard desktop hardware
CoB prides itself on keeping our faculty and staff equipped with the latest technology. Please contact us if you also have specific hardware requests. CoB maintains and updates a standard hardware configuration for every desktop with the following technology:
- Desktop PC
- Dell Optiplex 9020
- Small Form Factor for Faculty/Staff/Labs
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
- 16Gigs Memory
- 500GB HD
- CD/DVD burner
- Dual 24 inch monitors
- AMD Radeon(TM) R5 240
- Standard or Ergonomic keyboards
- Optical Mouse or Trackball
Storing your data
Personal network storage
Each faculty and staff member is allocated 1GB of personal storage space on our servers. This space is accessed from your H: drive. We highly recommend that you store all of your data there, since it is backed up daily.
Storing your files on this drive also allows you to access them from other computers, even off campus. You can find more information on accessing your files from other computers on our remote access page.
All PC's are configured with USB and Firewire ports for you to attach your USB/Firewire devices. Most removeable storage devices should install fine, however, if you have any problems (don't have rights, etc.), please contact us to install it for you.
Additional network drives
- O Drive: If you have access to any shared group folders, they may be in here.
- I Drive: CoB's information drive. College-wide information is stored here. Not everyone has rights to create files though.
- P Drive: Location of networked applications.
- W Drive: CoB web directory. Editing files in the Docs directory directly affects the corresponding pages in www.CoB.unt.edu. Any questions related to web page files should be directed to the CoB Web Team or Daniel Duncan.
- Other Drives: You may also have other drives if you have rights to them. If you need a certain drive, contact Daniel Duncan.