Speaker: Michael J. Sheehan
Chief Executive Officer of VTC Electronics Corporation
Friday, November 30, 2012
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Mike Sheehan is the Chief Executive Officer of VTC Electronics Corporation, a publicly traded, multinational company with approximately $55 million in revenue and 400 employees headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan. VTC participates in the global video security industry and is long recognized as an engineering leader for their ability to produce the highest quality, most detailed images. VTC’s purpose is to “Make the World a Safer Place” and will accomplish this goal by enabling the company’s two strategic business units to create a new realm of security intelligence.
Selected Business accomplishments include:
- 2002 Named Global Vice President of Six Sigma for $2.2 Billion Security Division of Honeywell where he reduced expenses by over $100 million annually.
- 2003 Named Global Vice President of Marketing for Honeywell Video Systems where in his first year he grew divisional revenue by 20% and EBITA 100%.
- 2004 Joined VTC Electronics as CEO of deView electronics, a Dallas based subsidiary. Organically grew the business and was profitable in 18 months and debt free in 23 months.
- 2007 Acquired Reptrax, which established the “Service Business Unit” which has performed with a five year CAGR of 300%.
- 2010 Named to VTC Electronics Corporation’s Board of Directors.
- 2010 Assumed responsibility for VTC’s business operations in EMEA as Managing Director. Improved operating profits in first six months from a $525k loss to a $100k profit.
- 2012 Named Group CEO of VTC Electronics Corporation where the company is currently in the process of moving to the Taiwan Stock Exchange.
- Selected in 2012 by UNT Business School as Case Study.
Besides his business accomplishments, Mike is equally proud of his family’s commitment to the community. The Sheehan family has been a long time supporter of the North Texas Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and prostate cancer research. Most recently the Sheehan family donated all of the reusable building materials of a home rather than sending it to a landfill.
Born and raised outside of Chicago, Illinois, Sheehan holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Indiana University in Merchandising/Marketing. He and his wife Linda moved to North Texas in 1997 and they live in Flower Mound with their two children.