Requisites not met?
The FIREL Department enforces listed prerequisites for all undergraduate and graduate courses offered by the department, and the MyUNT system checks for prerequisites at the time of registration. If you believe you have completed the prerequisites for a specific course and received this message in error, please complete our Advisor Contact Form and you will receive a response in one to two business days. During peak registration periods please allow two full business days for a response. If you are unsure whether a course has a prerequisite, consult the course description in the University Catalog. If a course does not have a prerequisite listed and you are still unable to enroll, you are being blocked by another department for another issue.
The CoB Undergraduate Advising Office is located in BLB 110 (phone# 940.565.2110) and provides assistance with the following issues:
- Prospective student information
- Transfer equivalencies for core and business foundation classes
- Declaring or changing your major
- Filing a degree plan
- Filing for graduation/grad checks
- Permission to enroll in upper-division courses (numbered 3XXX-4XXX) for BUND students
- Overload approval
Please contact the FIREL Faculty Advisor in your professional field/minor if you have questions regarding
- Specific course content and applicability
- Transfer equivalencies within your professional field or minor
- Degree plan course substitutions
- Career advising
FIREL Undergraduate Faculty Advisors
- Business Law and Residential Property Management- Mike Braswell
- Finance – P.R. Chandy and Jim McDonald
- Risk Management and Insurance/Financial Services – Steve Poe
- Real Estate – John Baen
Information regarding admissions, program requirements, and other general information can be found on the CoB Masters Programs website or contact the Graduate Programs Office at 940.369.8977.
For specific questions related to FIREL courses and degree plans, contact the appropriate Faculty Advisor.
FIREL Graduate Faculty Advisors
Please see our Ph.D. Program page for details regarding the FIREL Ph.D. Program or contact the office at (940) 369-8488.
FIREL Doctoral Faculty Advisor
Professor of Finance
The FIREL Department offers credit for internships at the undergraduate and graduate levels and encourages students to take advantage of these educational opportunities. Please visit our internship page for additional information.