Access CoB Applications (via VMware Horizon View)
Remote access to College of Business applications is provided by our VMware Horizon View virtual desktop system. You can connect to different "pools" of virtual machines, based on your entitlements, from any internet connected computer after connecting to the VPN.
If you are enrolled in a College of Business class and cannot log into VMWare, please fill out this form.
Navigate to cob-view.coba.unt.edu to download and install the latest version of the VMware Horizon View client appropriate to your system.
- Login as an administrator before installing.
- Run the downloaded .exe file to start the installarion.
- Follow the installation wizard to complete installation.
- When prompted to enter a connection server, enter https://cob-view.coba.unt.edu.
- Run the client.
Mac OS X users:
- Open the downloaded disk image
- Follow the installation instructions, and when prompted, drag the VMware icon into your Applications folder
- Eject the disk image from Finder
- Run the client
To run the client simply double-click the VMware View Client desktop icon (on Mac, in your Applications folder):
Set the Connection server to cob-view.coba.unt.edu
Log in, making sure you change the Domain to STUDENTS.
You should then see a selection dialog similar to the following based on the class you are enrolled in:
You can set the display settings by right-clicking on the pool. We suggest you change the display to Window if you plan to switch back to your home/local machine.
Double-click the icon and the View Client will then open in a new window to the virtual machine.
When finished with your session, simply close the View Client window and it will disconnect you from the desktop.
Disclaimer: Do not use VMware for time sensitive or last minute projects. The Lab Desktop machines are not persistent. This means anything you store on them will be gone the next time you use a machine. Please use other sources of storage for your files.
Connecting a USB storage device to VMware
- Make sure your USB device is plugged in.
- Click on Connect USB Device at the top of the VMware window.
- Select your USB device from the list.