The Startup Act
On the morning of December 9, 2011 U.S. Senators Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) and Mark Warner (D-Va.) introduced bipartisan legislation aimed at jumpstarting the economy. The focus is on the creation and growth of new businesses. Their bill has a five-prong approach:
1. reducing regulatory burdens;
2. attracting business vestment;
3. accelerating the commercialization of university-based research;
4. attracting and retaining entrepreneurial and science talent; and
5. encouraging pro-growth state and local policies.
For more information on this important legislation, go to: http://moran.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/files/serve?File_id=f6654812-2a6f-4826-8379-186d6580dab8