The College of Business offers many online courses applicable to an MBA in a variety of concentrations. Students may take a mixture of face-to-face courses and online courses to complete their degree.
Online MBA Degrees
The College of Business has developed three 100% online MBA programs: MBA in Strategic Management, MBA in Marketing, and MBA in Finance. Through these three programs, students complete their background, MBA core, and concentration courses in an online format. Some online courses require proctored examinations, which can be taken in person at the UNT Denton campus or arranged at a location near the student. The 36 hours of coursework for each 100% online MBA degree consist of the same courses required for the respective traditional MBA program.
***NOTE: Instructors determine whether proctored examinations are required for their courses. Proctored examinations must be arranged by the student and supervised at an official testing center at a community college, college, university, or approved third-party provider at the student’s expense.
To apply for the online MBA program:
- Follow the admission requirements at: http://www.cob.unt.edu/programs/masters/admission.php
- Submit an Online Request Form to:
UNT College of Business
Graduate Programs Office
1155 Union Circle #311160
Denton, TX 76203-5017
Online MBA Degrees: Policies
- Students who choose to pursue an online MBA degree program will be allowed to switch out of the option at any time. If they chose to exit the online program, however, they will not be allowed to re-enter it or other online program offerings.
- Online MBA degree program students must take all courses online. They will be removed from this online degree program if they take any courses under a different format delivery method, such as face-to-face or blended (50% online and 50% face-to-face).
- Instructors determine whether proctored examinations are required for their courses. If required, the Instructor shall establish a window of at least 48-hours for students to take off-site proctored examinations. This window opens, at the instructor’s discretion, either when the instructor sets a starting date and time, or when the instructor administers the counterpart live examination at UNT. Proctored examinations shall last no longer than those taken live at UNT, shall cover the same material, and are arranged at the student's expense.
- Students who opt for one of the online MBA degree programs may register for online courses during a designated time period BEFORE all other students. Online students will get first choice of classes. This assures seat availability in these classes for online students.