Along with the other three required components, the Professional Field and Supporting Courses allow students to specialize in a specific area of business. Students must earn a grade of "C" or higher in all Professional and Supporting Field Courses.
Professional Field Required Courses
- MGMT 3830: Operations Management (*Prerequisite for MGMT 4820, 4830, and 4880)
- MGMT 4660: International Management Perspectives
- MGMT 4810: Purchasing and Materials Management
- MGMT 4820: Manufacturing Planning and Control
- MGMT 4830: Productivity and Quality Management
- MGMT 4880: Management of Projects and Systems
- LSCM 3960: Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- DSCI 3870: Management Science (Prerequisite for DSCI 4510)
Select 6 hours (2 classes) from the classes below. Any other courses must be approved in advance by the Program Director, Department Chair and Assistant Dean of Undergraduate Programs.
- ACCT 3270: Cost Accounting
- FINA 4300: Liquidity and Working Capital Management
- MFET 4200: Engineering Cost Analysis
- MGMT 3850: Entrepreneurship
- MGMT 3870: Management Research Methods
- DSCI 4510: Model-based Decision Support Systems
- MGMT 4800 Internship
BUSI 4940 - Business Policy must be taken after the completion of all other business foundation courses (with a grade of "C" or higher) during the last semester of course work.
To learn more about the Operations & Supply Chain Management program and possible jobs in the field, visit the Management homepage.
Click here To view a printable pdf version
The requirements listed above are for the 2011 catalog year. For previous catalog year requirements, access the catalog archive.