The BS/MS program requires a minimum 3.0 Accounting GPA (includes ACCT 3110, 3120, 3270, 4100, 4300, and 4400) for admission into the graduate portion of the degree.
- ACCT 3110: Intermediate Accounting I
- ACCT 3120: Intermediate Accounting II
- ACCT 3270: Cost Accounting
- ACCT 4100: Accounting Systems
- ACCT 4300: Taxation
- ACCT 4400: Auditing
- ACCT 3405: Professional Development
- BCIS 4660 or 4690
- 6 hours of ECON 3xxx-4xxx
- Approved Elective: BCIS 3xxx-4xxx, MGMT 3830 (strongly recommended--satisfies a background requirement for the MS program), MGMT 4810, or DSCI 3870
- 3 hours of 3xxx, 4xxx, or 5xxx level course approved by the department
MS Graduate Portion
- ACCT 5110: Accounting Analysis and Reports
- ACCT 5120: Using Information Systems in Accounting
- Accounting Specialization: 12 hours
- Approved Electives: 15 hours
- ACCT 5760 (Should be taken during graduating semester of Master's portion)
Careers in Accounting
For more information on possible jobs and careers, visit the Accounting Department.
Click here To view a printable pdf version
The requirements listed above are for the 2011 catalog year. For previous catalog year requirements, access the catalog archive.