Students may begin applying for 2017-2018 scholarships beginning Friday, November 18th, 2016.
The ITDS department’s scholarships are competitively awarded by the ITDS Scholarship Committee on the basis of academic excellence, merit and professionalism. Amounts vary from year to year depending on contributions and are available for undergraduates, masters, and doctoral students in declared ITDS disciplines. If you have a specific question about ITDS Scholarships, please contact Sara.Martin@unt.edu.
Each scholarship will have its own specific set of eligibility criteria. Be sure to expand the view for the individual scholarships listed below to see if you meet all of the requirements before applying. The following is a list of minimum requirements for ITDS scholarships:
- Students must be a declared ITDS major at time of application.
- Students must have at least 1 long semester after spring 2017 before graduation.
- Students awarded scholarships must sign the Scholarship Acceptance Agreement and provide a thank you letter to the scholarship donor.
How to Apply
Complete the online scholarship application below. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Your application must include the following items to be considered.
- A complete set of transcripts showing all academic work including Fall 2016, including transfer work. (Attach files)
- 2. An essay detailing your accomplishments and personal successes as well as how receiving a scholarship will contribute to your academic and professional successes. You are limited to one page, with 1" margins, and 12 point font. Your name and Student ID must be included in the header. (Attach file)
- A complete resume including work experience, activities, and educational background. (Attach file)
- Your actual course enrollment will be verified during the semesters you receive a scholarship. If you do not meet the criteria, the scholarship may be revoked.
- 2. Payment authorization will be made only after course enrollment and eligibility requirements are verified by the Center on the 12th class day of the semester. Scholarship winners are strongly encouraged to register early.
Application deadline is March 1 at 5 p.m.